Monday, February 4, 2013

How's Your Appetite?

Each of us are a witness to God's story,
We narrate, but it's His story to tell.
The story starts at the beginning,
The beginning began before all time.

His voice alone started the hands moving,
our collective stories toll His final hour.
Into the dark of night His words were spoken,
The power of His breath sparked with light.

The very first flicker gave us a vision,
The vision gave a knowledge of taste.
Though life grows an appetite for what is better,
Our stomachs must be filled with what's good.

When hunger alone looks for what's desirous,
The eyes roam and search for delight;
But not every appetite can be satisfied,
So God provided plenty for the taking,
In hopes that we would choose the best life.

I know that I matter to God Almighty,
For He took part of time His time to give me life.
He joined me with the light of His new day,
As One He peered deeply through out our years.

Together they care, share and lead me,
He guides me into gardens I did not make,
He amazes me with truth as I discover,
and experience the wonders of Zoe life.

In the beginning, I knew not my story,
I was aimless, driven madly about.
Through my searches I found knowledge of good and evil,
At evils doorway I glimpsed terror and fright.

In my trembling, weak condition mercy found me,
And in His mercy I accepted the strength of His grace.
I was blanketed from lack of understanding,
Which enabled me to run deeply into His embrace.

Wrapped in the goodness of His love each morning,
I trust He will not guide me as if a stray;
For He is the Lord and my Sheppard,
He is goodness, and ever faithful to call my name.

So if I cannot see by the wayside,
I sit and wait, in remembrance of my hope.
I allow restless waters to flow past me,
Till I peer into the smooth surface of His face.

I beseech you, be at peace on the shoreline;
Don't cast stones making noise and stirring strife.
Rest your soul, let your roots sink into the soft ground,
Let the harmony of God's breath gently surround.

Breathe deep, all the gifts of His fragrance,
Hear His stories of creation since time began.
Know God, the Father has you planted,
first a seedling, then a sapling to His delight.

All for His glory and namesake........
Kisses,
C






Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc®
©Candace Huffmaster 2012, All Copy Rights Reserved








No comments:

Post a Comment